Our first show on VeraSage Laws, was Episode #53 on July 24, 2015. In that show, we discussed the five VeraSage Laws:
- Baker’s Law: Bad customers drive out good customers
- Kless’ First Law - He who liveth by the discount, shall ye also perish by the discount.
- Kless’ Second Law - All measurements are judgments in disguise.
- Baker’s Axiom: Ideas are always and everywhere more important than their execution.
- VeraSage adoption of the Second Law of medicine—Prescription before diagnosis is malpractice.
Five More VeraSage Laws
Drucker’s Law of Inversion: Marketing and selling are not complementary, but adversarial. The book by William A. Cohen, A Class with Drucker, Peter Drucker’s first Ph.D. student, is the first place Ron read this thought from Drucker.
William’s Axiom: The default purpose of marketing is not to increase sales, but profits.
Ike’s First Law of Project Management: Plans are worthless, planning is essential.
Bowman’s Law: Hourly billing requires a calculator. Value Pricing requires courage.
Morris’ Postualte: What if Disney entered your industry?